Thread Subject: Re: July 30 language of 2.2-A Magnetic Coupling
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Fri, Aug 10 2007 9:20 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: July 30 language of 2.2-A Magnetic Coupling"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
As forwarded to the Hardware SC, this provision reads:
"Telecommunications products that deliver output with an audio transducer,
which is normally held up to the ear, must provide a means for effective
magnetic wireless coupling to hearing technologies that allows a user to
effectively utilize the product. This guideline shall apply to wireline and
Didn't we agree to remove "Telecommunications" at the July plenary, because
this provision should also apply to intercoms, ATMs, museum audio systems,
etc., any of which deliver output via a transducer, but none of which are
"telecommunications" as defined by the FCC?
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: July 30 language of 2.2-A Magnetic Coupling"
- Previous message in Thread: None