Thread Subject: Reorganized Web and Software provisions
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Mon, Aug 13 2007 9:55 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Peter Wallack: "Re: Reorganized Web and Software provisions"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I've reworked the merged Web and Software proposal  based on our
discussion on August 1st. 
Here is a summary of the changes:
- Removed the distinction between simple and interactive content since we
could not agree on the distinction in all cases. This is now a simple list
that can be applied to Web pages, other types of content, and software.
Where provisions are not generally applicable, language limiting
applicability has been added to the provision. Details below.
- Changed the category title to Electronic Content and User Interface
- Removed the "Animation" and "Bitmap Icons" provisions
- Added proposals for "Color", "Contrast", and "User Preferences"
- Added provisions from WCAG 2.0 that we have agreed to add:
--- Human Language
--- Language of parts
--- Size, shape, location - also added Peter's proposed additional
--- Audio Turnoff
- Added a sentence about tab order in software to the "Reading Sequence"
- Added applicability clause limiting "Bypass Blocks" and "Link Purpose" to
Web pages only.
- Added applicability clause limiting "AT Interoperability" to platforms
that have AT interoperability support
- Added an example for form element labels to "Information and
Please review this carefully. At tomorrow's call, we will discuss these
changes. Our final draft is due on Friday.
I will update the harmonization tables later today.
- Next message in Thread: Peter Wallack: "Re: Reorganized Web and Software provisions"
- Previous message in Thread: None