Thread Subject: Re: "Content" in our subcommittee
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Salaets, Ken
Date: Mon, Oct 30 2006 3:40 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: "Content" in our subcommittee"
- Previous message in thread: Baquis David : "Re: "Content" in our subcommittee"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Hi David. In an email message today, you stated: "So the Committee
needs to deliberate on the yes or no question of whether it was the
intention of the law to address accessibility of electronic content." I
would like to offer a complementary recommendation, if I may.
I believe that it would be very helpful to this subcommittee - and
TEITAC as a whole - if the Access Board staff would provide information
on this issue similar to that which is being developed in response to an
earlier Subpart A Subcommittee request. In other words, please collect
and make available the original analysis and information that led to the
first Advisory Committee's recommendation or recommendations on this
matter, as well as the analysis and information that staff provided to
the Access Board that resulted in the issuance of the current 5 0 8
standards. I believe that such information would serve as an invaluable
resource in helping us consider the task that you have suggested
relative to electronic content.
I T I
- Next message in Thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: "Content" in our subcommittee"
- Previous message in Thread: Baquis David : "Re: "Content" in our subcommittee"