Thread Subject: Shape, size, location
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Tue, Aug 14 2007 2:55 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Shape, size, location"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I took an action item at today's meeting to try to simplify the note in
Instructions provided for understanding information and operating user
interfaces do not rely on shape, size, visual location, or orientation of
* Note: Additional information for use by assistive technologies - such
as alternate text to describe necessary visual cues, or programmatic
encoding of relationships between objects that is necessary for
understanding and operating the content - is sufficient.
The objective is to make it less verbose and to refer to the provisions
related to object information.
Proposal: Object information provided per the "Information and
Relationships", "User Interface Components", or "AT interoperability"
provision that describes the necessary visual cues or relationships is
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Shape, size, location"
- Previous message in Thread: None