Thread Subject: Color
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Sat, Aug 18 2007 11:25 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Andrew Kirkpatrick: "Re: Color"
- Previous message in thread: Lybarger, Barbara (MOD): "Re: Color"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Was looking to harmonize WCAG with TEITAC but I think new WCAG proposal
might be better
Any information <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#informationbycolordef>
that is conveyed by difference in color is also simultaneously visually
evident without the color difference.
Color must not be used as the only visual means of conveying information,
indicating an action, prompting a response, or distinguishing a visual
Disadvantages of TEITAC
2) uses list of things (which is always dangerous in provision --
though useful in a note)
3) If I use blue text to convey information - it should not trigger
this (if the blue has no meaning). However this language in past WCAGs has
caused people to believe that they could not convey information in color
(rather than by color).
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
DSS Player at http://tinyurl.com/dho6b
If Attachement is a mail.dat try <http://www.kopf.com.br/winmail/>