Thread Subject: Pausing
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Mon, Aug 20 2007 6:55 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: Pausing"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Jared thinks we agreed that "hiding" of decorative content should be
allowed as well as stopping. Since we hadn't discussed this, I just noted
it in the draft I submitted on Friday.
The current wording of the pausing provision is:
Moving, blinking, scrolling, or auto-updating information must allow
pausing by the user unless it is part of an activity where timing or
movement is essential. Such content that is pure decoration must at least
allow stopping by the user.
Proposed rewording of the second sentence:
Such content that is pure decoration must at least allow stopping or hiding
by the user.
Are there any objections to this modification?
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
IBM Human Ability & Accessibility Center
(512) 838-9903, http://www.ibm.com/able
- Next message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: Pausing"
- Previous message in Thread: None