Thread Subject: Re: Captioning not accessible to screen reader users
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Tue, Oct 31 2006 4:25 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Captioning not accessible to screen reader users"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
What I meant was, it seems that no one had ever tested RCC with a screen
reader. I was curious as to whether anyone knew about that incompatibility.
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ]
> Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 11:09 PM
> To: 'TEITAC Communications Task Force'
> Subject: Re: [teitac-tools] Captioning not accessible to
> screen reader users
> Hi Jim,
> Not sure what problem you are asking about. Tried to track
> the thread
> backward but couldn't figure it out. Is this about the
> captioning tool we
> used on GENERAL today? Or the FEDRCC tool?
> Never had a screen reader user trying to use the captioning -
> so it hasn't
> come up before. We should figure out how to do it though -
> and get that
> info to the captioners.
> > Subject: Re: [teitac-tools] Captioning not accessible to
> screen reader
> > users
> > No problem if you forward the messages.
> > Gregg -- have you encountered this issue before?
> > ***********
> > Jim Tobias
> > Inclusive Technologies
> > = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
> > +1.732.441.0831 v/tty
> > skype jimtobias
> > www.inclusive.com
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Captioning not accessible to screen reader users"