Thread Subject: Re: Pausing
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jared Smith
Date: Mon, Aug 20 2007 10:50 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: Pausing"
- Previous message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: Pausing"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
On 8/20/07, Hoffman, Allen wrote:
> Is there a better term than hiding that would make it clear that what is
> meant is making the item invisible both visually and also that it would
> be marked so that state is programmatically determinable?
If the moving content is decorative, the non-text content provision
requires that it be hidden to AT anyways, so I don't think this is
really an issue. I believe this provision applies only to the visual
properties of the content (thus my beef with the more expansive word
'auto-updating' which I've commented on a few times already).