Thread Subject: Synchronization Standards
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Greg Fields
Date: Tue, Aug 28 2007 12:50 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Dave Singer: "Re: Synchronization Standards"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
As mentioned on the Plenary call today, here are the few standards (not
legislation or regulations) referenced:
* Time-Text Format - http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/timetext.html
* SMIL Mobile Profile -
* SMIL DTDs - http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-SMIL2-20051213/smil-DTD.html
* SMIL Accessibility Features - http://www.w3.org/TR/SMIL-access/
* Java Mobile Edition Multimedia Player API (VideoControl Class)-
After reviewing each standard, profiles and interfaces, there doesn't
exist legislation, regulation or standards that cover closed captioning
on mobile devices. Rather, there are global standards that are related
to synchronization of data and multimedia.
Greg Fields, CUA
Accessibility Product Manager
Handheld Product Management
Research In Motion (RIM)
Telephone: 1 519 888 7465, ext.3867
Email: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.
- Next message in Thread: Dave Singer: "Re: Synchronization Standards"
- Previous message in Thread: None