Thread Subject: Re: FW: Revised proposal for Sec. 4. AdditionalProvisions for Audio-Visual Players or Displays
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Schomburg, Paul
Date: Wed, Aug 29 2007 8:35 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: FW: Revised proposal for Sec. 4.AdditionalProvisions for Audio-Visual Players or Displays"
- Previous message in thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: FW: Revised proposal for Sec. 4. AdditionalProvisions for Audio-Visual Players or Displays"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Greg: These are good questions; unfortunately I'm not aware of a closed
caption standard that could be applied today to all personal video
products. I don't know any other way to handle this except on an
Without a unified standard, interoperability would be handled by content
authoring tools that would support conversion among different timed text
metadata. Thus a broadcast video content encoded with 708 could be
re-encoded with a different time text standard when being deployed for
mobile devices. That's why we added: "Support interoperability and
conversion between other common caption formats such as CEA 608, CEA
708, or Timed Text (e.g. DFXP)."