Thread Subject: Fix to General and REd Flash definition
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Tue, Sep 04 2007 2:45 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Loretta Guarino Reid: "Re: Fix to General and REd Flash definition"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Jared Smith pointed out an oversight in our definition of Flash Thresholds.
We need to add "when viewed at normal viewing distance" to the end of item
3 as shown below.
I am forwarding this amendment both to WCAG and TEITAC with a recommendation
to make the change.
general flash and red flash thresholds
a sequence of flashes or rapidly changing image sequences where all three of
the following occur:
1. there are more than three flashes within any one-second period; and
2. the flashing is below 50 Hz; and
3. the combined area of flashes occurring concurrently and contiguously
occupies more than a total of .006 steradians (25% of any 10 degree visual
field on the screen) when viewed at normal viewing distance.
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
DSS Player at http://tinyurl.com/dho6b
If Attachement is a mail.dat try <http://www.kopf.com.br/winmail/>
- Next message in Thread: Loretta Guarino Reid: "Re: Fix to General and REd Flash definition"
- Previous message in Thread: None