Thread Subject: notes from Plenary Meeting
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Tue, Sep 04 2007 2:55 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I tried to capture the suggestions for change from the meeting. Some were
original. Some were in response to issues raised by others.
I put the name of the person who suggested them after the item to
facilitate questions. I hope I got them correctly but they can be
corrected as well as discussed on the list.
( I did NOT note the edits regarding 'is' versus 'must' )
1) Web page provision
Change our only occurrence of "Web page" to "documents that are viewed
through a Web Browser". We can then drop "Web Page" as a definition.
a. OR - just use Web Page without definition and the WCAG definition
will probably be turned to.
2) Instructions provided for understanding
- Change ending of not from "is sufficient" to "can be used to meet this
- Possibly move it to where color provision is? [rex lint]
3) Provision dealing with turning off sounds
- add a provision in platforms to require them to include mechanisms for
turning off content sound (without shutting off system sound) [peter korn]
- this would reduce load on authors if they could
count on this being available in conformant browsers (user agents)
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
DSS Player at http://tinyurl.com/dho6b
If Attachement is a mail.dat try <http://www.kopf.com.br/winmail/>
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: None