Thread Subject: Re: 3-w at-interoperability and 3-V
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Hoffman, Allen
Date: Wed, Sep 05 2007 12:20 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Peter Korn: "Re: 3-w at-interoperability and 3-V"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I won't get my comments in today on the AT Interoperability area so will
AT is used to test because there are mostly no reliable testing tools
easily available that will show what object information is being
exposed. AT requires a great degree of knowledge to be used as a testing
tool, and often fails in that purpose. The trick is to determine if the
bug is the AT, the platform, or the application, and this can be really
I suggest that we add an item in to 3-w to require that platforms
provide a method to allow the user to walk through or "inspect" objects
to identify if they meet the requirements from 3-v.
In web this is different since so many testing tools can do this, even
in automated ways.
Allen Hoffman -- = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ; v: 202-447-0303
- Next message in Thread: Peter Korn: "Re: 3-w at-interoperability and 3-V"
- Previous message in Thread: None