Thread Subject: Re: 3-w at-interoperability and 3-V
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Peter Korn
Date: Wed, Sep 05 2007 12:30 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: 3-w at-interoperability and 3-V"
- Previous message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: 3-w at-interoperability and 3-V"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
That is interesting. It would actually be easy to add that to existing
3-V, where we have a new bullet, something like "be able to demonstrate
that all of this information is provided to AT through the use of an
accessibility services exploration tool". In parallel, we might note
that such a tool should be provided by a platform, as part of the
platform accessibility services.
I don't believe this is in either ISO or WCAG/ATAG has anything like
this, so doing this would mean we have a country-specific,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
> Hi all:
> I won't get my comments in today on the AT Interoperability area so
> will post here:
> AT is used to test because there are mostly no reliable testing tools
> easily available that will show what object information is being
> exposed. AT requires a great degree of knowledge to be used as a
> testing tool, and often fails in that purpose. The trick is to
> determine if the bug is the AT, the platform, or the application, and
> this can be really tricky.
> I suggest that we add an item in to 3-w to require that platforms
> provide a method to allow the user to walk through or "inspect"
> objects to identify if they meet the requirements from 3-v.
> In web this is different since so many testing tools can do this, even
> in automated ways.
> Allen Hoffman -- = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ; v: 202-447-0303
- Next message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: 3-w at-interoperability and 3-V"
- Previous message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: 3-w at-interoperability and 3-V"