Thread Subject: note for focus cursor
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Wed, Sep 12 2007 12:45 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: note for focus cursor"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
At the very close of the meeting - I noticed that this provision does talk
about "without moving the cursor". Thus knowledge of the cursor WOULD be
required as Sean had identified. (apologies Sean). I have edited the note
below to include his comment (I think).
I also put a generic note for those who are not designing software.
* NOTE: A focus cursor that is visually locatable by people (familiar
with what the focus cursor would look like) who have 20/20 vision at 3.5
times the typical viewing distance without moving the cursor is sufficient.
* NOTE: Since computer software would be displayed on unknown screen
sizes: for computer software a focus cursor that is visually locatable by
people (familiar with the cursor) who have 20/20 vision at 2.5 meters when
software is displayed on a 38 cm (15 inch) diagonal screen at 1024 x 768
pixels resolution, without moving the cursor is sufficient.
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
DSS Player at http://tinyurl.com/dho6b
If Attachement is a mail.dat try <http://www.kopf.com.br/winmail/>
- Next message in Thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: note for focus cursor"
- Previous message in Thread: None