Thread Subject: Re: note for focus cursor
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Schomburg, Paul
Date: Wed, Sep 12 2007 4:10 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Sean Hayes: "Re: note for focus cursor"
- Previous message in thread: Peter Korn: "Re: note for focus cursor"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Folks: I'd like to indicate a concern with how this requirement may be
applied to telecom or CE products that would have very thin platform
software to load applications. I think these products would not be able
to depend on the platform software to provide the desired API's because
of memory limitations. Therefore, the application would have to support
all accessibility requirements. For this reason I would prefer to
retain the language at 3-V that makes these requirements optional for
"platform software." If you mean to exclude Telecom & CE by stipulating
products with "keyboard operable user interfaces" I don't think this
would completely exclude all such products.