Thread Subject: Re: audio-description definition
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Larry Goldberg
Date: Tue, Sep 18 2007 8:25 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Larry Goldberg: "Re: audio-description definition"
- Previous message in thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: audio-description definition"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Yes, an earlier version appended, "in this and other countries, video
description is also known as audio description, descriptive narration and
other similar terms."
I think that could be added back.
... Larry ...
Hoffman, Allen wrote:
> I don't think we use the term audio-description, but shouldn't we
> recommend that the term be included in the definitions section to point
> to video-description to make it clear that we use the other term. both
> terms are widely used, so clarifying that we are using one of them would
> seem helpful to me.
> Allen Hoffman -- DHS Office on Accessible Systems & Technology
- Next message in Thread: Larry Goldberg: "Re: audio-description definition"
- Previous message in Thread: Hoffman, Allen: "Re: audio-description definition"