Thread Subject: Re: Keyboard proposal
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Tue, Sep 18 2007 12:55 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Robinson, Norman B - Washington, DC: "Re: Keyboard proposal"
- Previous message in thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Keyboard proposal"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
So, this looks like our final wording for the keyboard operation provision:
Where products have a keyboard or a keyboard interface, all functionality
of the product operable through the user interface must be operable through
the keyboard, or a keyboard interface. Specific timing for individual
keystrokes must not be required. This provision does not apply where the
underlying function requires input that depends on the full path of the
user's movement, not just the endpoints.
Note: Keyboard interface can be either a hardware keyboard interface, a
wireless interface or a software keyboard interface where AT can generate
keystrokes that would be seen by software.
Objections only please.
- Next message in Thread: Robinson, Norman B - Washington, DC: "Re: Keyboard proposal"
- Previous message in Thread: David Poehlman: "Re: Keyboard proposal"