Thread Subject: Re: FPCs
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Sun, Sep 23 2007 8:35 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Phill Jenkins: "Re: FPCs"
- Previous message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: FPCs"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I thought I covered these in my other email - but I'll pull out here.
(did my other email hit the list?)
1) Using AT is a way to meet the guidelines - so I would assume using
customized AT would also. To comply to provisions or via equiv facil.
2) Equiv facil is a way to meet 508. That is its role.
3) 508 only requires agencies. 508 never requires manufacturers to do
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
No-one has answered my previous questions:
1. ...so you're saying that 'access provided in another way (i.e. through
equiv facil)' can be anything? including AT customization?
2. Are you saying that equiv facil is a means of meeting 508?
3. So does 508 require the agency, vendor, or AT to take responsibility to
provide the AT customization?
IBM Research - Human Ability & Accessibility Center