Thread Subject: Oops typo - Audio connector
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Sun, Sep 23 2007 2:45 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Michaelis, Paul R. (Paul): "Re: Audio connector"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
The suggestions should have used the word LOCATED not USED.
Here it is with the word LOCATED in the first bullet (and "as follows:"
added to the header to connect it all
2.2-C - Audio Connection
When products provide auditory output beyond simple tonal feedback or
signaling, the audio signal must be provided at a standard signal level
through an industry standard connection that will allow for private
listening as follows:
* Products designed to be located in public places must provide the
connection via a standard 2.5mm or 3.5mm audio jack at the standard signal
levels used for headphones/headsets.
* All other products can use any connection method as long as long as
a 2.5mm or 3.5mm phone jack adapter is available from the manufacturer or
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
DSS Player at http://tinyurl.com/dho6b
If Attachement is a mail.dat try <http://www.kopf.com.br/winmail/>
- Next message in Thread: Michaelis, Paul R. (Paul): "Re: Audio connector"
- Previous message in Thread: None