Thread Subject: Re: Harmonization - "Both platform and application"
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Wed, Sep 26 2007 7:45 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: James Elekes: "Re: Harmonization - "Both platform and application""
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I'm still a bit uncomfortable loosing the text of #3, most especially the
first bullet: "provide mechanisms for: * moving the keyboard focus into and
out of an application". I wonder if there is some way to capture this,
perhaps as a note or otherwise in advisory material (e.g. external to the
draft regulations, but on the Access Board website as expository,
explanatory information)? I think that folks making browsers & browser
plug-ins are missing the fact that this requirement
applies to them as well.
We could add a note to Keyboard operation but there are already 4 notes
there now. This seems like a candidate for the explanatory material we have
planned to start collecting. I'll try to get something set up today so that
we can start collecting this information.
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: James Elekes: "Re: Harmonization - "Both platform and application""