Thread Subject: Re: "Content" in our subcommittee
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Mon, Nov 06 2006 3:58 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Barrett, Don: "Re: "Content" in our subcommittee"
- Previous message in thread: Sailesh Panchang: "Re: "Content" in our subcommittee"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
From: Sailesh Panchang [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 5:42 PM
To: 'TEITAC Web/Software Subcommittee'
Subject: Re: [teitac-websoftware] "Content" in our subcommittee
>And the following requirement should apply to the federal entity producing
> 3. The content should contain all the relevant features for accessible
How can this be part of the S508 standards. it is upto the user how the tool
is used and cannot be part of procurement precondition.
The law refers to "developing, procuring, maintaining, or using electronic
and information technology". So the first, fourth and possibly the third
term refers not to the vendor but to the agency itself.
- Next message in Thread: Barrett, Don: "Re: "Content" in our subcommittee"
- Previous message in Thread: Sailesh Panchang: "Re: "Content" in our subcommittee"