Thread Subject: WCAG Parsing provision
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Wed, Oct 17 2007 5:55 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Barrett, Don: "Re: WCAG Parsing provision"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Following up on my action item on parsing. At the October 3rd meeting, we
discussed the feedback from AT vendors on the need for including the
following WCAG 2.0 provision on parsing:
Content implemented using markup languages has elements with complete start
and end tags, except as allowed by their specifications, and are nested
according to their specifications.:
The feedback from two screen reader vendors is that this is not currently
an issue. In the subcommittee meeting, we agreed to propose adding this in
the advisory notes section. So this would be a recommendation but not a
requirement for compliance with 508.
- Next message in Thread: Barrett, Don: "Re: WCAG Parsing provision"
- Previous message in Thread: None