Thread Subject: Re: WCAG Parsing provision
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Barrett, Don
Date: Wed, Oct 17 2007 8:35 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "WCAG Parsing provision"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
[mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Andi
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:16 AM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [teitac-websoftware] WCAG Parsing provision
Following up on my action item on parsing. At the October 3rd meeting,
we discussed the feedback from AT vendors on the need for including the
following WCAG 2.0 provision on parsing:
Content implemented using markup languages has elements with complete
start and end tags, except as allowed by their specifications, and are
nested according to their specifications.:
The feedback from two screen reader vendors is that this is not
currently an issue. In the subcommittee meeting, we agreed to propose
adding this in the advisory notes section. So this would be a
recommendation but not a requirement for compliance with 508.
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Andi Snow-Weaver: "WCAG Parsing provision"