Thread Subject: Re: 2.2-C Audio Connection
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jasionowski, Tony
Date: Wed, Oct 31 2007 5:10 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Jasionowski, Tony: "Re: 2.2-C Audio Connection"
- Previous message in thread: Robert_Nerhood@Dell.com: "2.2-C Audio Connection"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Rob and TEITAC
Panasonic prefers Version 3 as follows:
Version 3, posted to plenary email Oct 20, 2007:
When products provide auditory output beyond simple tonal feedback or signaling, one of the following must be true:
1. Conforming Handset: Auditory output is available via audio transducer that is designed to be held up to the ear that meets 2.2-A (Magnetic Coupling), 2.2-B (Interference with Hearing Device), and 2.2-E (Volume - gain) and product does not require simultaneous use of keyboard; or
2. Phone Jack: A standard 2.5mm or 3.5mm audio jack for headphones/headsets is provided or
3. Any Connection with Adapter avail: Product is a not designed to be located in a public location and an adapter from the product's audio output format to a 2.5mm or 3.5mm phone jack is commonly available or available from the manufacturer.
4. Public Display only: Product is designed for public audio or audio-video display only and there is a standard audio output on the product-system (which can be but does not need to be accessible to the public).
* Note: RJ-9, RCA, USB, and Bluetooth connections all have commonly available adapters. Products (not designed for public locations) with these or other forms of audio connection that have adapters would meet 2.2-C-(c)
* Note: Public Display systems need to meet other provisions in the guidelines including the ability to display captions and supplemental audio.
Senior Group Manager Accessibility
Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA)
Technology Liason & Alliances Group (TLAG)
One Panasonic Way
Secaucus, New Jersey 07094
" = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = " (new)