Thread Subject: wiki notification
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Mon, Nov 06 2006 4:12 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: mike paciello: "Re: wiki notification"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
I hate to ask Jared for anything, given that we're already not only abusing
his helpfulness but, more importantly, distracting him from making
accessibility-related contributions to the content of the wiki. It's like
insisting that Bobby Fischer play checkers with you. Of course, it's no
more wasteful than having Trace develop its hand-raising utility, but at
least in that case it's self-distraction....
Our wiki can supposedly notify a user when changes are made to a page on
that user's watchlist. There are settings on the user preferences page for
notification, which I have had turned on since the beginning. But no email!
I mention the notification issue because one of the weaknesses of wiki
compared to email, especially for unfamiliar users, is its
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
- Next message in Thread: mike paciello: "Re: wiki notification"
- Previous message in Thread: None