Thread Subject: Re: Telecom Subcomm. Discussion: Audio Output
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Mon, Nov 06 2006 4:16 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Karen Peltz Strauss: "Re: Telecom Subcomm. Discussion: Audio Output"
- Previous message in thread: Pam Ransom: "Re: Telecom Subcomm. Discussion: Audio Output"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
From: Pam Ransom [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 12:13 PM
To: TEITAC Telecommunications Subcommittee
Subject: Re: [teitac-telecom] Telecom Subcomm. Discussion: Audio Output
Dear Mary, Brenda and All - I have a clarification and suggested correction
within the "Process" paragraph of the email that was sent to the telecom
"Process: Overall, the task of the Telecommunications subcommittee is to
provide recommendations for refreshing 508 Standards and 255 Guidelines. As
a reminder, the laws and implementing regulations have distinct purposes.
(1) Section 255 guidelines apply to all manufacturers of Terminal
Telecommunications equipment and to all Telecommunications Service providers
in the United States. [ Correction: The Section 255 Access Board 255
Guidelines ONLY apply to manufacturers of customer premises equipment not
telecom services. This process is to refresh the Access Board guidelines. ]
I don't understand your correction. I thought that the Section 255 language
specifically included both manufacturers and service providers. Also,
Doesn't Section 251(a) forbid service providers from installing any network
equipment that would undercut 255?
- Next message in Thread: Karen Peltz Strauss: "Re: Telecom Subcomm. Discussion: Audio Output"
- Previous message in Thread: Pam Ransom: "Re: Telecom Subcomm. Discussion: Audio Output"