Thread Subject: 3-BB - Labels Descriptive
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Mon, Feb 04 2008 11:40 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: 3-BB - Labels Descriptive"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
At the January meeting, we did not consense on our wording for 3-BB because
it is different from WCAG 2.0 and we needed to understand why.
Current TEITAC wording: "The function [or purpose] of form controls must be
able to be determined from the label."
WCAG 2.0 wording: Labels and headings are descriptive.
In tracing this back to the Web and Software subcommittee discussions,
there was an objection to the WCAG 2.0 wording on the basis of testability.
So the alternative, modeled after 3-N Link Purpoase, that is in the current
draft was proposed.
I have submitted a request to WCAG 2.0 to adopt our proposed wording.
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: 3-BB - Labels Descriptive"
- Previous message in Thread: None