Thread Subject: Re: Agenda: February 12 TEITAC Conference Call
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Sean Hayes
Date: Tue, Feb 12 2008 9:45 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Agenda: February 12 TEITAC Conference Call"
- Previous message in thread: Mike Paciello: "Agenda: February 12 TEITAC Conference Call"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
The general Flash threshold is marked in the draft as no final decision, and I do not agree to the hardware aspects of this or 2.1.B. I've sent my comments to Gregg for comment but have had no response as yet.
Can this be removed from the general call for consensus please.
Accessibility Business Unit
Office: +44 118 909 5867,
Mobile: +44 7875 091385
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Mike Paciello
Sent: 10 February 2008 16:12
To: 'TEITAC Committee'
Subject: [teitac-committee] Agenda: February 12 TEITAC Conference Call
Members of TEITAC:
Following is the agenda for the Tuesday, February 12, 2008 plenary conference call. Note that this call is scheduled for 3 hours, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm EST. Provisions to be discussed are noted in the agenda below. Please be sure to review the TEITAC wiki for the latest in provision comments and recommendations.
Please note that we have not had a quorum of member organizations during our last three conference calls. Understandably, there are times when other priorities and commitments take precedence. At this time, we are asking members to make a concerted effort to attend and/or have your alternate participate. Last week was especially disappointing because we fell one member short of quorum status. Thanks in advance for giving this request your attention.
In order to make progress, Jim and I have organized the first part of this week's call to perform a complete committee consensus on the previous weeks recommendations. We will accomplish this in a single call of disagreement against accepting the recommendations noted below in the first meeting agenda item, "Full Committee Consensus on Recommended Member Decisions During Non-Quorum Meetings". Naturally, based on TEITAC protocols we will first ask for discussion and/or questions before proceeding with the consensus process. Please prepare well. Each of these items and their status is well documented in the wiki.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this one-time action, do not hesitate to contact us.
Lastly, Jim and I have mapped out the agenda for the remaining period of the TEITAC committee up to and including our April presentation to the Access Board. That agenda will be posted to this listserv in our next e-mail to the committee.
Regards and thanks,
Jim Tobias, Co-Chair
Mike Paciello, Co-Chair
TEITAC Home Page: www.teitac.org<http://www.teitac.org/>
TEITAC Wiki: http://teitac.org/wiki/TEITAC_Wiki
Telecommunications and Electronic and Information Technology Advisory Committee
February 12, 2008
Tuesday, 1:00 - 4:00 pm Eastern
Call in number: 888-566-8577 (toll free)
Pass code: TEITAC 11
TOHRU<http://teitac.org/tohru/> Meeting name: TEITAC
1:00 - 1:15 Introduction and Roll Call by Co-Chairs (Jim Tobias & Mike Paciello)
1:15 - 1:30 Full Committee Consensus on Recommended Member Decisions During Non-Quorum Meetings
* Emergency, Field and First Response Use (Remove provision, document in appendix)
* First Responder (remove)
* Functional Equivalent to TV Closed Captions (remove, documented in provision)
* General Flash (recommended for consensus)
* Provisions (Subpart C):
* 1-G Text Size (recommended for consensus)
* 4.A Caption Process (recommended for consensus)
* Provisions (Subpart D):
* 1.1-A Accessible Documentation and Features (recommended for consensus)
* 1.2-A Support Services (recommended for consensus)
1:30 - 3:45 Provision Consensus Review
* Subpart D: Information, Documentation and Support
* 1.1-B Keyboard Shortcuts
* Subpart C: Technical Provisions
* 3.BB Label Descriptive
* 2.1.B Flashing
* 2.2.C Audio Connection
* 3.L Audio Turnoff
3:45 - 3:55 Public Comment
3:55 - 4:00 Summation & Concluding Comments (Jim Tobias & Mike Paciello)
Because this is an official meeting of the TEITAC the following protocols are in place:
1. Only TEITAC members can speak for the first 2 hours and forty-five minutes.
2. Members of the general public may ask questions or comment during the last fifteen minutes of the call.
3. People who are not TEITAC committee members may speak before the public comment period if a TEITAC member asks them to address a particular point of expertise. Otherwise, nonmember statements should be reserved until the public comment period.
4. Attendance will be taken.
5. *6 (star, six) mutes/un-mutes your line. Please mute your line when you are not speaking. Please do not put the call on hold from your end.
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Agenda: February 12 TEITAC Conference Call"
- Previous message in Thread: Mike Paciello: "Agenda: February 12 TEITAC Conference Call"