Thread Subject: 6-F (new): Wideband Audio for VoiP -
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Brooner Mary-AMB004
Date: Fri, Feb 15 2008 1:55 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Laura Ruby: "Re: 6-F (new): Wideband Audio for VoiP -"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
TIA proposes the following:
VoIP telephones and VoIP telephone-emulation software must be able to
transmit and receive speech that is digitally encoded in the manners
specified by International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Standards
Rationale: G711 is widely used: G722 is not widely accepted. Further,
there are other techniques to improve audio quality than using wideband
techniques such as G722; predictive modeling is one approach.
- Next message in Thread: Laura Ruby: "Re: 6-F (new): Wideband Audio for VoiP -"
- Previous message in Thread: None