Thread Subject: Re: Recommendations for 1-G text size
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Schomburg, Paul
Date: Tue, Feb 19 2008 11:20 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Recommendations for 1-G text size"
- Previous message in thread: Whitney Quesenbery: "Re: FW: Recommendations for 1-G text size (from Paul S at Panasonic)"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Gregg: I don't understand how the "encourage and notify principle"
relates to federal agency's obligation to purchase accessible products
unless there is "an undue burden" under 508. I would rather those
agencies which purchase digital televisions not have to conduct an undue
burden analysis. To assure this won't have to occur I think it is
appropriate to have an exemption for DTV receivers. Your note (1) below
seems to apply to content and not devices with caption decoding.
Paul G. Schomburg, Sr. Manager
Tel: (202) 912-3800 x114; Cell: (202) 550-2230
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: Recommendations for 1-G text size"
- Previous message in Thread: Whitney Quesenbery: "Re: FW: Recommendations for 1-G text size (from Paul S at Panasonic)"