Thread Subject: Definition: Accessible Content Format
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Judy Brewer
Date: Tue, Mar 18 2008 9:55 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Salaets, Ken: "Re: Definition: Accessible Content Format"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
In discussing two of the provisions related to authoring tools, we
had noted that it might be helpful to have a definition of
"accessible content format." Following is a possible definition of
accessible content format, based on an initial draft from Ken. Ken,
please add comments or further tweaking as needed.
Two questions to consider in reviewing this:
- Is this definition clear?
- Does the definition contribute to the understanding of 7-A and 7-B?
(Links to the two provisions that these relate to are below.)
Draft proposed definition:
"Accessible Content Format: A data format that enables
the encoding of information in such a manner that it is
consistent with the relevant provisions of Section 508."
Provisions that this definition relates to:
7-A, Accessible Output:
7-B, Preserve Accessibility Information:
- Next message in Thread: Salaets, Ken: "Re: Definition: Accessible Content Format"
- Previous message in Thread: None