Thread Subject: Re: 11924.21 d to ISO-9241-171
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jonathan Avila
Date: Tue, Nov 07 2006 7:20 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Luke Kowalski: "Re: 11924.21 d to ISO-9241-171"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
NOTE 1 User interface element information includes, but is not limited to:
general states (such as existence, selection, focus, and position),
attributes (such as size, colour, role and name), values (such as the text
in a static or editable text field), states specific to particular classes
of user interface elements (such as On/Off, depressed/released),and
relationships between user interface elements (such as when one user
interface element contains, names, describes, or affects another). This
applies to on screen user interface elements and UI status values such as
<my comments> I really like the text describing relationships between
elements. This is an area that is currently not covered very well by
section 508. It reminds me of the accessibleRelationSet methods of JAVA
which are very helpful in explicitly relating items.
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Luke Kowalski: "Re: 11924.21 d to ISO-9241-171"