Thread Subject: Programatically Determined - Determinable -- from WCAG
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Gregg Vanderheiden
Date: Mon, Mar 24 2008 11:25 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Whitney Quesenbery: "Re: Programatically Determined - Determinable -- from WCAG"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
programmatically determined (programmatically determinable) [from WCAG]
determined by software from author-supplied data provided in a way that
different user agents
ef> , including assistive
technologies, can extract and present this information to users in different
Example 1: Determined in a markup language from elements and attributes that
are accessed directly by commonly available assistive technology.
Example 2: Determined from technology-specific data structures in a
non-markup language and exposed to assistive technology via an accessibility
API that is supported by commonly available assistive technology.
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
< <http://trace.wisc.edu/> http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
DSS Player at http://tinyurl.com/dho6b
If Attachment is a mail.dat try <http://www.kopf.com.br/winmail/>
- Next message in Thread: Whitney Quesenbery: "Re: Programatically Determined - Determinable -- from WCAG"
- Previous message in Thread: None