Thread Subject: Re: plan for presentation of TEITAC Report to the Access Board
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Laura Ruby
Date: Tue, Mar 25 2008 9:05 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Jim Tobias: "Re: plan for presentation of TEITAC Report to the Access Board"
- Previous message in thread: Jim Tobias: "plan for presentation of TEITAC Report to the Access Board"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Jim - during our call today can you give a brief explanation as to how you selected the key agenda items and topics under each for presentation to the Board?
Global Policy and Standards
Microsoft Accessible Technology Group
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
From: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Jim Tobias
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 6:52 AM
To: 'TEITAC Committee'
Subject: [teitac-committee] plan for presentation of TEITAC Report to the Access Board
As part of our meeting with the Access Board next Thursday, we will be
making a presentation on our process and results. We're assembling the
content, and are still arranging presenters based on their ability to attend
and the need for balanced representation. We will share the slides with you
as soon as we have a draft, before the end of this week.
Here is the agenda:
1. Intro: 10 min
- scope (255+508)
- need for refresh (tech changes; some regs unclear; need for
- TEITAC recruitment among stakeholders, collegiality and time dedicated by
- infrastructure, subcommittees, operations
2. 508 & Federal view: 10 min
- "use": 508 beyond procurement, especially "content"
- how to fit into procurement process
- staff awareness and training; information tools
- need to coordinate with FAR
3. Industry (General): 10 min
- global market
- convergence (esp. hardware)
4. Software/Web: 10 min
- WCAG/ISO harmonization
- 1-2 sample provisions, compared with current
5. Telecom: 10 min
- extensions to wireless: voice, text, video
- a sample provision, compared with current
6. AT: 5 min
- importance of AT
- Accessibility APIs & testing
7. International: 5 min
- what will EU and others do with TEITAC product?
8. States: 5 min
- key differences at state level
- what will states do with TEITAC product?
9. Closing: 5 min
- implementation issues
After these 70 minutes, the Board members will have 20 minutes for Q&A.
We'd like everyone in attendance to feel free to contribute at this point.
Thanks for your cooperation.
- Next message in Thread: Jim Tobias: "Re: plan for presentation of TEITAC Report to the Access Board"
- Previous message in Thread: Jim Tobias: "plan for presentation of TEITAC Report to the Access Board"