Thread Subject: Re: 11924.21 e to ISO-9241-171
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Travis Roth
Date: Tue, Nov 07 2006 9:05 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gani, Dewi: "Re: 11924.21 e to ISO-9241-171"
- Previous message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: 11924.21 e to ISO-9241-171"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
<blockquote> 8.2.7 Provide text label display option for icons Every icon
provided by software should have an associated text label and the user
should be given the option of choosing between displaying only the icon
image, the icon image with the text label or only the icon text label.
<Jonathan comments> This seems a little restrictive to me. I don't think we
will be able to get all vendors to agree on this for software. In web
standards this is already the function of many browsers.
<my comments> I like the idea of a text label. However I am unsure that the
restrictions on how the label is displayed or presented are good, they do
seem restrictive. What if it is better for a text description to be made
available through an accessibility API? I would still want this option.
(804) 749-8646 (office)
(402) 466-0907 (direct)
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Experts in Section 508 Compliance & Accessibility
NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you may
received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating
that fact and delete the copy you received. Thank you.
- Next message in Thread: Gani, Dewi: "Re: 11924.21 e to ISO-9241-171"
- Previous message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "Re: 11924.21 e to ISO-9241-171"