Thread Subject: Re: ViewPoint Opinion - 1-G Text Size
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Michele Budris
Date: Thu, Mar 27 2008 4:15 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "ViewPoint Opinion - 1-G Text Size"
- Previous message in thread: Brooner Mary-AMB004: "ViewPoint Opinion - 1-G Text Size"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Thank you Mary.
On Mar 27, 2008, at 3:37 PM, Brooner Mary-AMB004 wrote:
> TIA Rationale in opposition to Versions 1 and 2.
> While Version 2 is a substantial improvement over Version 1, there
> are infirmaties that need to be addressed. Specifically the
> requirement that low vision mode be the default mode or method of
> activating appears to be in contradiction to the clause stipulating
> "there must be at least one mode". It is preferable that the
> standard stipulate that a low vision setting be easily discernable
> and discoverable rather than to require every device to ship with
> the default on low vision. (Defaults are factory set for
> shipping.) Under the Personal Device exemption, it is not
> acceptable that an agency "by policy or procedure" could limit the
> opportunity for inaccessible products to be selected in
> procurement, but this is the effect of the current text. The
> provision should allow for adopting products which can support
> software tha provides access. Lastly, the Application to Software
> provision needs to align with provision 3-D User Preferences by
> affirmatively stating that software meets this provision if its
> support 3-D and runs on platforms that provide system-wide settings
> for font size.
> Mary Brooner
> TIA Representative
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "ViewPoint Opinion - 1-G Text Size"
- Previous message in Thread: Brooner Mary-AMB004: "ViewPoint Opinion - 1-G Text Size"