Thread Subject: View Point Opinion: FPC E - With Limited Hearing
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Thu, Mar 27 2008 8:35 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "View Point Opinion: FPC E - With Limited Hearing"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
Version 1 and 3 are worded like the other FPC. It was stated in the
discussion that an FPC for limited hearing worded like the others would not
be testable as there is no measurable specification for "limited hearing"
as there is for FPC B and FPC H. Version 2 was proposed as providing volume
control is the recommended solution to support people with limited hearing.
IBM agrees that having an FPC that does not have a measurable specification
of the disability is an issue and prefers version 2. Since version 2 reads
like a general technical requirement, however, we prefer to see this as a
provision in C-1 General Technical Requirements.
- Next message in Thread: Gregg Vanderheiden: "View Point Opinion: FPC E - With Limited Hearing"
- Previous message in Thread: None