Thread Subject: View Point Opinion: 3-U AT Interoperability
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Andi Snow-Weaver
Date: Thu, Mar 27 2008 9:50 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: Peter Korn: "View Point Opinion: 3-U AT Interoperability"
- Previous message in thread: None
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
IBM strongly supports removing or rewording item 1g of this provision to
resolve issues keeping this provision from reaching consensus. Currently,
AT interoperability with software requires a high degree of customization
as software products are not exposing sufficient information
programmatically. This provision was developed collaboratively by
representatives of both IT and AT industry. When both software and
assistive technology support the requirements in this provision in a common
way which is currently supported by accessibility services on most desktop
platforms, interoperability will improve and the need for customization
will be reduced or eliminated. This is a big step forward from the current
Section 508 requirements which do not go far enough.
- Next message in Thread: Peter Korn: "View Point Opinion: 3-U AT Interoperability"
- Previous message in Thread: None