Thread Subject: Re: 1194.21 h to ISO-9241-171
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Brett, Thomas F
Date: Fri, Nov 10 2006 6:30 AM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: None
- Previous message in thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: 1194.21 h to ISO-9241-171"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
"Yes, however I can think of some federal agencies still using
Windows 95 and many still using JAWS 4.5 and 5. My experience is that
Government is very slow to update technology and if we don't put something
in the standards disabled people may have to suffer for 5 years until the
agency decides to upgrade it's E&IT."
I'd be hesitant in developing a standard in dictating the type of assistive technology that a person with disabilities must use. A person using Jaws 4.5 or 5 may feel most comfortable using this old technology. Upgrading to Jaws 7.0xx could cause significan hardship. This would also apply to other types of assistive technology - speach to text or screen magnfication.
- Next message in Thread: None
- Previous message in Thread: Jonathan Avila: "Re: 1194.21 h to ISO-9241-171"