Thread Subject: Re: Section 508 and the new TCoil requirements
This archival content is maintained by WebAIM and NCDAE on behalf of TEITAC and the U.S. Access Board . Additional details on the updates to section 508 and section 255 can be found at the Access Board web site.
From: Jim Tobias
Date: Mon, Nov 13 2006 3:30 PM
- Return to this mailing list's archives
- View all messages in this thread
- Next message in thread: SKP1066@aol.com: "Re: Section 508 and the new TCoil requirements"
- Previous message in thread: Rebecca Schwartz: "Re: Section 508 and the new TCoil requirements"
- Messages sorted by: Author | Thread | Date
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Brenda Battat [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ]
> Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 4:02 PM
> To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ; TEITAC Telecommunications Subcommittee
> Subject: Re: [teitac-telecom] Section 508 and the new TCoil
> Does the Federal government provide employees with cell phones?
If they don't yet, they will soon. These may be wireless handsets not for a
public network but a private, agency one. Consider how forest rangers or
agriculture extension agents have to communicate. We need to think past the
current distinctions of wireline-cordless-cell because they may not reflect
reality as well as something that says "all voice conversation products and
services must be able to do xx, yy, zz". That way seems better for both
consumers and industry. It addresses real user needs rather than nibbling
at the edges of current regs, and it creates a level playing field in which
all technology platforms, current and future, are judged according to the
- Next message in Thread: SKP1066@aol.com: "Re: Section 508 and the new TCoil requirements"
- Previous message in Thread: Rebecca Schwartz: "Re: Section 508 and the new TCoil requirements"