Committee Workscope and Goals
This subcommittee will be reviewing existing documentation and technical support standards and identifying issues that exist either from issues with the current standards or areas where technology/delivery mechanisms for documentation and technical support have surpassed what is covered in the original standards. The Subcommittee will review the historical record of the development of the original standards as well as input from the Access Board discovery process with various stakeholder groups in preparation for the refresh to identify areas that need to be addressed.
Topics That Will Be Reviewed
To help track issues that are to be discussed a Topic List will be maintained. Please review the list to make sure we are tracking the issues and if any are missing be sure to add them.
Draft Submissions to Access Board
A copy of the draft submissions are posted for review and comment.
- Documentation and Technical Support March 12, 2007 (Draft #1) Submission
- Documentation and Technical Support April 17, 2007 (Draft #2) Submission
- Documentation and Technical Support June 30, 2007 (Draft #3) Submission
Prior draft history
- Working drafts in preparation for April 16 submission - all text in one page
- Draft Submission - March 12 submission draft page
- Early Drafts - Part D, (a), (b) and (c) prior to March 12
- Documentation of keyboard shortcuts - drafts prior to March 12
First Meeting Convener
Jennifer Dexter (Easter Seals)
- Michele (Budris) Van Doozer - Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Whitney Quesenbery - Usability Professionals' Association
A partial list of this sub-committee participants can be found at Documentation and Technical Support Subcommittee Participants.
Meetings are every Thursday, starting at 3:30 and generally run for one hour.
- June 28, 2007 - no meeting
- July 5, 2007 - no meeting
- July 12, 2007 - no meeting
- Next TEITAC face to face: July 16-18
To convert U.S. Eastern time to your time zone, use the Time Zone Converter
- June 21, 2007 - no meeting
- June 14, 2007
- June 7, 2007
- May 31, 2007 - cancelled.
- May 24, 2007
- May 10, 2007
- May 3, 2007
- April 26, 2007
- April 19, 2007
- April 12, 2007
- April 5, 2007
- March 29, 2007
- March 15, 2007
- March 8, 2007
- February 22, 2007
- February 7, 2007
- February 1, 2007
- January 18, 2007
- December 14, 2006
- November 30, 2006
- November 2, 2006
- October 27, 2006
Subscribe to the Documentation and Technical Support Subcommittee mailing list at http://list.teitac.org/mailman/listinfo/teitac-documentation or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the word 'SUBSCRIBE' in the SUBJECT line. Messages to the list should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the mailing list archives.
- Link to the “general references” page.
- Current 508 Standards on Documentation and Technical Support
- Current 255 Standards on Information, documentation, and training
- Telecommunications Act Accessibility Guidelines Subpart C regarding information, documentation, and training.
- Preamble to the Telecommunications Act Accessibility Guidelines
- Section 508 Acquisition FAQ item C.3.ii explains who is responsible for supplying documentation in an alternate formats.
- Comparison of EITAAC Provisions to Section 508 with regards to Documentation and Support