WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Time charting widgets

for

Number of posts in this thread: 2 (In chronological order)

Date: Fri, Aug 26 2011 12:42PM
Subject: Time charting widgets
No previous message | Next message →

Hello,

I'm trying to find some options for creating accessible graphs of timeline events and test-driving a few. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience or preference using different JS/AJAX solutions for dynamic graphs.

The one that, to me, looks like it would be the most (potentially) accessible so far is Timeplot ( link --> http://www.simile-widgets.org/timeplot/ ) which is part of the Simile Widgets library of data visualization tools. It creates tooltips and labels along with the graphics.

I would really like hear any opinions/pitfalls about creating accessible charts and graphs you may have run into.

Thanks,
Mark Smith

--

Mark Smith
Associate User Interface Developer
629 Euclid Avenue, 13th Fl / Cleveland, OH 44114
c. - 330.631.5409 | e. - = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = <applewebdata://30A96F2C-68BA-4EF8-B718-978FC3D21BAA/ = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
rosetta.com

ROSETTA | Pilots, inventors and builders for a connected world.™

Date: Thu, Sep 01 2011 1:00PM
Subject: Time Charting Widgets
← Previous message | No next message

Hello,

I'm trying to find some options for creating accessible graphs of timeline events and test-driving a few. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience or preference using different JS/AJAX solutions for dynamic graphs.

The one that, to me, looks like it would be the most (potentially) accessible so far is Timeplot ( link --> http://www.simile-widgets.org/timeplot/ ) which is part of the Simile Widgets library of data visualization tools. It creates tooltips and labels along with the graphics.

I would really like hear any opinions/pitfalls about creating accessible charts and graphs you may have run into.

Thanks,
Mark Smith

--

Mark Smith
Associate User Interface Developer
629 Euclid Avenue, 12th Fl / Cleveland, OH 44114
c. - 330.631.5409 | e. - = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = <applewebdata://30A96F2C-68BA-4EF8-B718-978FC3D21BAA/ = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
rosetta.com

ROSETTA | Pilots, inventors and builders for a connected world.™