WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: CSUN Disabilities Presentation

for

Number of posts in this thread: 1 (In chronological order)

Date: Tue, Mar 29 2016 2:02PM
Subject: CSUN Disabilities Presentation
No previous message | No next message

Saw the message about the CSUN Disabilities Conference and thought you might be interested in a presentation I made at the conference titled "How 3D Printing Makes Complex Images, Video and 3D Worlds More Accessible". I covered topics that appeared in my recent publication a few weeks ago in e-Mentor and the full article for that paper can be seen at http://www.e-mentor.edu.pl/eng/article/index/number/63/id/1222 . But what was not included in the e-Mentor article or the initial CSUN proposal was to show recent work that swell paper graphics can also be designed so that when laid atop an iPad, audio can be generated when touched to provide information about what is being touched. In order to emphasize the swell paper aspect, I used swell paper graphics as my hand-out and gave away about 50 copies at my presentation. If anyone reading this would like a copy of the swell paper hand-out covering the virtual topics of the presentation, send me your mailing address and I'll be happy to send you a swell paper graphic containing the four main figures I used for my presentation which were made in both 3D print form and also in swell paper form. Please use = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = to contact me and be sure to include your US mail address.

Mike
From: WebAIM-Forum < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > on behalf of = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 12:00 PM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: WebAIM-Forum Digest, Vol 132, Issue 28

Send WebAIM-Forum mailing list submissions to
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://list.webaim.org/mailman/listinfo/webaim-forum
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to

You can reach the person managing the list at

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific