WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Lectora

for

Number of posts in this thread: 2 (In chronological order)

Date: Thu, Sep 29 2016 9:06AM
Subject: Lectora
No previous message | Next message →

Anyone have experience with Lectora? We're curious as to whether the online, cloud-based Lectora generates good semantic structure. Our experience with Captivate was very unhappy, despite Adobe's claims about accessibility, so any hands-on feedback would be most appreciated!
Alan

Date: Thu, Sep 29 2016 3:05PM
Subject: Re: Lectora
← Previous message | No next message

Alan, I don't have direct hands-on experience, but one of our application architects does. It won't make you head-over-heels ecstatic, but you'll probably find his feedback heartening:

You do need to look via Developer Tools in the browser(s) to see how Lectora has created the HTML markup after the Javascript rendering.

What Lectora is not able to make accessible by their built-in objects (in the html as javascript objects), can be made accessible by using extension objects in Lectora - which can be, your own HTML code, your own Javascript functions and the ability to call the functions from within Lectora, and your own CSS modifications. These 'new- Lectora object extensions can then be re-used in other Lectora titles. There is nothing that I have encountered that I have not been able to create a work around for in a Lectora title.

So, not native support for accessibility, but can be made accessible. I'll have to ask to what extent the issue was support for basic semantics and to what extent it was support for interactive features.

Cliff

Cliff Tyllick
EIR Accessibility Coordinator
Texas Health & Human Services Commission
512-438-2494
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Alan Zaitchik
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2016 10:07 AM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [WebAIM] Lectora

Anyone have experience with Lectora? We're curious as to whether the online, cloud-based Lectora generates good semantic structure. Our experience with Captivate was very unhappy, despite Adobe's claims about accessibility, so any hands-on feedback would be most appreciated!
Alan

*Please note* My email address has changed. Please be sure to update your contact information with my new email address.