WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Resources for CVAA

for

Number of posts in this thread: 3 (In chronological order)

Date: Sat, Jun 10 2017 1:07AM
Subject: Resources for CVAA
No previous message | Next message →

Hi All,

Hope this mail finds you well.

I need your kind advice to find resources /presentation / checklist for a product to be called CVAA compliant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Warm Regards,
Ajay

Sent from my iPhone

Date: Mon, Jun 19 2017 8:12PM
Subject: Re: Resources for CVAA
← Previous message | Next message →

Hi Ajay, it depends on the features of the products covered under CVAA. CVAA covers a wide range of accessibility considerations including advanced communication features (email, VOIP, chat, video conferencing, video playback/recording, set-top boxes, TVs, media players, etc. The CVAA requirements vary -- for example for ACS they are functional requirements with outcome based goals of operating the product and availability of information. For apparatus capability of video playback there are other requirements for on-screen guides, menus, etc. depending on the type of products. For other telecommunications features not covered under CVAA may be covered under Section 255 of the Telecommunications Act. For more information on CVAA we have posted some blogs on the topic at http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/category/laws-and-standards/cvaa/

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
SSB BART Group (soon to be Level Access)
(703) 637-8957
= EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Looking to boost your accessibility knowledge? Check out our free webinars!
The information contained in this transmission may be attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Ajay Sharma
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 3:08 AM
To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
Subject: [WebAIM] Resources for CVAA

Hi All,

Hope this mail finds you well.

I need your kind advice to find resources /presentation / checklist for a product to be called CVAA compliant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Warm Regards,
Ajay

Sent from my iPhone

Date: Tue, Jun 20 2017 11:37AM
Subject: Re: Resources for CVAA
← Previous message | No next message

Thanks Jonathan, just one more favor, if a VoIP or video conferencing app is WCAG compliant, is it mandatory to submit reports?

> On 20-Jun-2017, at 7:42 AM, Jonathan Avila < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
>
> Hi Ajay, it depends on the features of the products covered under CVAA. CVAA covers a wide range of accessibility considerations including advanced communication features (email, VOIP, chat, video conferencing, video playback/recording, set-top boxes, TVs, media players, etc. The CVAA requirements vary -- for example for ACS they are functional requirements with outcome based goals of operating the product and availability of information. For apparatus capability of video playback there are other requirements for on-screen guides, menus, etc. depending on the type of products. For other telecommunications features not covered under CVAA may be covered under Section 255 of the Telecommunications Act. For more information on CVAA we have posted some blogs on the topic at http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/blog/category/laws-and-standards/cvaa/
>
> Jonathan
>
> Jonathan Avila
> Chief Accessibility Officer
> SSB BART Group (soon to be Level Access)
> (703) 637-8957
> = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
> Looking to boost your accessibility knowledge? Check out our free webinars!
> The information contained in this transmission may be attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Ajay Sharma
> Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 3:08 AM
> To: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED =
> Subject: [WebAIM] Resources for CVAA
>
> Hi All,
>
> Hope this mail finds you well.
>
> I need your kind advice to find resources /presentation / checklist for a product to be called CVAA compliant.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Warm Regards,
> Ajay
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> > > > > > >