WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Oracle SQL Developer 4.0, JAWS 16, and NVDA 2018.2.1 Question with respect to accessibility

for

Number of posts in this thread: 3 (In chronological order)

Date: Fri, Aug 17 2018 7:27AM
Subject: Oracle SQL Developer 4.0, JAWS 16, and NVDA 2018.2.1 Question with respect to accessibility
No previous message | Next message →

Hi, my teammate at work wants me to be able to use SQL Developer, so he can go over the database with me that I will be making changes to. In the past, I have had problems in general getting JAWS to read SQL Developer 4.0, so I settled for SQL*Plus. When I enabled Java Access Bridge, it used to be that JAWS would crash in Windows 7 when using SQL Developer. That was JAWS 16. I enabled whatever version of JAB was in the Ease of Access Center.

How much time should I be spending troubleshooting SQL Developer? The JAWS crash seems to be okay on Windows 10 now. Also, how well does SQL Developer work with NVDA 2018.2.1?

Thank you,
Mike

Date: Fri, Aug 17 2018 11:19AM
Subject: Re: Oracle SQL Developer 4.0, JAWS 16, and NVDA 2018.2.1 Question with respect to accessibility
← Previous message | Next message →

I would suggest to reach out to their accessibility team and ask this question

Sean

My experience is the part

> On 17 Aug 2018, at 11:27 pm, Walker (US), Michael E < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
>
> Hi, my teammate at work wants me to be able to use SQL Developer, so he can go over the database with me that I will be making changes to. In the past, I have had problems in general getting JAWS to read SQL Developer 4.0, so I settled for SQL*Plus. When I enabled Java Access Bridge, it used to be that JAWS would crash in Windows 7 when using SQL Developer. That was JAWS 16. I enabled whatever version of JAB was in the Ease of Access Center.
>
> How much time should I be spending troubleshooting SQL Developer? The JAWS crash seems to be okay on Windows 10 now. Also, how well does SQL Developer work with NVDA 2018.2.1?
>
> Thank you,
> Mike
> > > >

Date: Fri, Aug 17 2018 11:50AM
Subject: Re: Oracle SQL Developer 4.0, JAWS 16, and NVDA 2018.2.1 Question with respect to accessibility
← Previous message | No next message

Sean, I tried that, which is why I came back here. I primarily intended this question for Don Mauck, Oracle's accessibility evangelist. I thought he might either know, or could direct me to someone who does. Responses from others are welcome. My teammate is just not going to be tolerant of me using SQL*Plus, when he is working with me.

If there is a mailing list or forum where this is appropriate, please direct me.

Thanks,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ] On Behalf Of Sean Murphy
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 12:19 PM
To: WebAIM Discussion List < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = >
Subject: Re: [WebAIM] Oracle SQL Developer 4.0, JAWS 16, and NVDA 2018.2.1 Question with respect to accessibility

I would suggest to reach out to their accessibility team and ask this question

Sean

My experience is the part

> On 17 Aug 2018, at 11:27 pm, Walker (US), Michael E < = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = > wrote:
>
> Hi, my teammate at work wants me to be able to use SQL Developer, so he can go over the database with me that I will be making changes to. In the past, I have had problems in general getting JAWS to read SQL Developer 4.0, so I settled for SQL*Plus. When I enabled Java Access Bridge, it used to be that JAWS would crash in Windows 7 when using SQL Developer. That was JAWS 16. I enabled whatever version of JAB was in the Ease of Access Center.
>
> How much time should I be spending troubleshooting SQL Developer? The JAWS crash seems to be okay on Windows 10 now. Also, how well does SQL Developer work with NVDA 2018.2.1?
>
> Thank you,
> Mike
> > > archives at http://webaim.org/discussion/archives
>