WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Re: Distinguishing between text boxes and content regions

for

Date: Apr 23, 2016 6:31PM

Sean, if you go to the Home ribbon > Editing > Selection Pane it should open the selection pane. To move there you should be able to press F6. In that selection list the name of the objects should help you understand which ones are placeholders (title, subTitle) and which ones are textboxes by their names. With a screen reader active you should be able to press enter to select the object in the selection panel and then press shift+F6 to get back to the slide area and view the selected object.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
SSB BART Group 
<EMAIL REMOVED>
703.637.8957 (Office)

Visit us online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin | Blog
Check out our Digital Accessibility Webinars!

-----Original Message-----
From: WebAIM-Forum [mailto: <EMAIL REMOVED> ] On Behalf Of Sean Keegan
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 12:21 PM
To: <EMAIL REMOVED>
Subject: [WebAIM] Distinguishing between text boxes and content regions

Hello PowerPoint gurus,

Is there a simple method for distinguishing between text boxes and content placeholder regions in a PowerPoint file or in the Slide Master view?

The only method I can remember is that content placeholder regions - those that are part of the slide template - have the six PPT icons displayed prior to adding any content.

I am reviewing a PPT file for a colleague and it appears that the slides have a mix of true content placeholder regions and text boxes that have been formatted to look as text placeholder regions. I did a quick test and saved the presentation as an RTF file and that is when I noticed some slides had content whereas other slides were missing content.

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks,
Sean