WebAIM - Web Accessibility In Mind

E-mail List Archives

Thread: Post for WebAIM Email Discussion List

for

Number of posts in this thread: 1 (In chronological order)

Date: Wed, Jan 03 2024 9:57AM
Subject: Post for WebAIM Email Discussion List
No previous message | No next message

Dear Sir or Madam,

Happy New Year! — I hope this email finds you well.

My name is Nick Droutsas, I am PhD student at Brunel University London and I am contacting you as I have subscribed to WebAIM's discussion list and I am currently conducting research on web content accessibility, not least in relation to web accessibility barriers related to the use of screen readers and alternative text descriptions (alt text) that involves interviewing 10 web content creators regarding their perceptions in relation to these topics by inviting to participate in an online interview that will last around 30-45 minutes. In this light, I had previously been in touch with Mr Jared Smith who let me know that it would be worth considering announcing my research on the WebAIM email discussion list, as a lot of web accessibility experts and practitioners are subscribed. Thus, could you please post the following message to the discussion list:

Starts here

Hello everybody! Do you want to contribute to improving web accessibility for screen reader users, who face various challenges in accessing web non-text content? Then, this is your opportunity to help me try to change this!

My name is Nick, I am a PhD student at Brunel University London and a game designer who wants your help in learning about your experience in contributing to the creation of web content, and your perspective on making web content accessible to screen readers users, not least in relation to alternative text descriptions (alt text). I would like to invite you to an online interview (Teams, Zoom or other) that will last around 30-45 minutes to discuss your perspective on these topics. During the interview, you will also be asked to browse a specific website where you will have the opportunity to interact with examples of alt text and share your thoughts in relation to their quality. Your invaluable insight will help me create a game-based solution for web content creators to write alt text descriptions more enjoyably, as part of gameplay, with the aim of making the Web more accessible to screen reader users while so doing!

The interviews will be starting from the 5th of January and will be running until mid-February.

To participate you will need to be:
At least 18 years old
Frequent user of the Web
Minimum 2 years of experience with creating web content
Experience with creating accessible web content is desirable, particularly writing/evaluating alt text descriptions

If you are interested in participating, please feel free to contact me directly via email ( = EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED = ).

Thank you in advance for your support!

Best wishes,
Nick Droutsas

Ends here

Have a nice evening! — Please feel free to contact me for any clarifications or further information and/or material needed and I will be happy to provide them.

Kind regards,
Nick Droutsas