Consulting & Technical Assistance
With all the services mentioned on this site, including training, evaluation, repair, certification, design, and others, it is difficult to imagine that there would be a need for additional consulting.
As it turns out, many groups we work with have needs that have not been mentioned on this site. That is because every group has distinct needs, which are often unidentified. Here are a few examples of additional ways WebAIM has helped groups in the past:
- Evaluating the accessibility of third-party applications.
- Providing focused training on a specific technology used by a group, such as Microsoft Office, a specific content management tool, or Adobe Acrobat.
- Developing and training on a specific process, such as converting scanned documents to tagged PDF files or translating legacy web content to XHTML.
- Coordinating the efforts of administrators, programmers, developers, content creators and others.
- Developing customized training or reference materials.
- Authoring a VPAT - a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template, which is a method of stating a product's compliance with Section 508.
- Creating a web accessibility policy as well as a plan for evaluation and training.
Many of our clients will contact us again after our initial work. This is because the web continues to mature and sites continue to evolve. Occasionally you will need to update the look, layout or architecture of your site. As these changes occur you may need to adjust the accessibility of your site. The experts at WebAIM understand that accessibility is sometimes a complex endeavor and are knowledgeable and flexible enough to help you meet your accessibility needs.